Posted Date: 07/19/2021
Student registration for the 2021-22 school year is now available! Registration is a three-step process and is not complete until all steps are completed:
1. Online registration through PowerSchool Registration.
2. Payment of fees through our online store (RevTrak), or by mailing or dropping off check(s) at your child’s school(s).
3. Create a Health Portal account. Instructions have been sent in a previous email.
If you do not have access to the internet or need assistance with online registration, please visit the Andover District Office temporary offices, 1411 N. Main, or your student’s school between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
To begin online registration, please click here. After signing into the PowerSchool Parent Portal, select “Registration."
Final deadline for registering for the 2021-22 school year is Friday, Aug. 27; student accounts will be deactivated after this date. The deadline to sign up for transportation and be guaranteed a spot on the bus for the first day of school is Monday, Aug. 2.
What if I can’t remember my PowerSchool Parent Portal username or password?
● Click “Forgot Username or Password?” If this method does not work for you, please contact your student's school for further assistance.
What if I don’t know how to answer a particular question?
● Contact your student’s school or send an email to email@example.com.
How do I pay my student’s fees?
● School fees may be paid online through RevTrak, by mailing a check to your student’s school or by bringing a check to your student’s school.
● If paying through RevTrak, please note that a 4% service fee will be added to your shopping cart at checkout.
● Transportation fees also may be paid through RevTrak or can be mailed or delivered to Andover District Office temporary offices, ATTN: Transportation Fees, 1411 N. Main St., Andover, KS 67002.
Will there be a charge for meals this year?
The U.S. Department of Education has extended its free meal program through the end of the 2021-22 school year. All school meals will be free, though students have the opportunity to purchase a la carte options, where available.
What is the Household Economic Survey?
Though meals are free this year, the Kansas State Department of Education is asking all families who would have normally completed a free/reduced meal application to complete a Household Economic Survey. This survey will help determine which students qualify for reduced or eliminated school fees, including transportation. Also, portions of our district’s funding are tied to the economic status of our families.
Does my child have to pay to ride the bus?
Durham School Services provides transportation services for Andover Public Schools. Transportation is provided at no cost to students who live 2.5 miles or more from their school. Students who live closer than 2.5 miles must pay a fee of $250 per student, or a maximum of $350 per family, to ride the bus. Transportation fees must be paid by the first full week of school to continue riding the bus. Please contact Durham School Services at 316-218-4621 if you have questions.
Important upcoming dates:
● Aug. 2: Last day to register and be guaranteed transportation during the first two weeks of school. Otherwise, the first day for guaranteed transportation will be Aug. 27.
● Aug. 4: Transportation information available to parents through PowerSchool.
● Aug. 11: First day of school, grades 1-6, 9 and new students to USD 385 in grades 7-8 and 10-12.
● Aug. 12: First day of school, grades 7-8 and 10-12.
● Aug. 16: First day of school, kindergarten.
● Aug. 17: First day of school, Early Learning Services.
● Aug. 27: Students who signed up for transportation after Aug. 2 are guaranteed transportation.
● Aug. 27: Final deadline for online registration; accounts will be deactivated for those who have not completed registration.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions. We’re looking forward to a great 2021-22 school year!
Andover Public School