The mission of the Andover Public School library system is for all users to acquire the knowledge, skills, and judgment to become responsible life-long learners through guided access to a variety of current information and text.
Goals of the Media Center:
- to assemble, preserve, and administer in organized collections, books, and related educational and recreational materials.
- to serve the school community as a resource center to access information.
- to support the educational, civic, and cultural activities of individuals, groups, and organizations.
- to seek to identify school community information needs and to provide programs of service to meet those needs.
- to provide opportunities for reading, personal development, and life-long learning.
- to serve individuals in Andover Public Schools with respect for human diversity including differences in race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristics.
- Help staff, students, and community to acquire an interest and joy of reading.
- Support USD 385’s curriculum and programs by providing needed materials appropriate guidance and instruction.
- Acquire and maintain a balanced collection of resources that meet the needs of all users.
- Cooperatively plan with teachers to provide activities that integrate information literacy and research skills.